So which is the best orthodontic treatment system?
The only way we can recommend the best treatment is to invite any potential new patients into the practice for a thorough orthodontic assessment. We allow up to an hour for each consultation. It’s a risk free assessment and without obligation.
Only when we have chatted to the patient (and parents in the case of younger children), examined any x-rays or digital images and sometimes consulted with their regular dentist can we discuss our comprehensive treatment proposal. It covers the system recommended, length of treatment time and payment options.
Do you want a discreet orthodontic option?
Here at Saacks Orthodontics, we use the progressive teeth straightening option Invisalign. Invisalign was designed to discreetly but effectively straighten a patient’s teeth.
By using custom made, removable aligners, we can straighten your teeth gradually, and very specifically. These aligners are so discreet no one will know you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment – unless you tell them, that is.
The main benefits of Invisalign are:
- Comfortable. Invisalign has no metal brackets or wires, which can reduce mouth irritation and oral sores typically seen in traditional metal braces.
- Removable. The clear aligners can be removed for teeth cleaning and eating. It’s been shown to be a more comfortable and healthier alternative to traditional metal braces. Because you can remove your Invisalign aligners, decay and decalcification (unsightly marks) and gum infections aren’t a problem.
- Fewer appointments. Invisalign can also limit the amount of appointments you will need from Saacks Orthodontics. Because you change your aligners approximately every two weeks, this will mean fewer visits you will need to attend. This is especially good for patients who live outside the immediate vicinity of either Bondi Junction or Port Macquarie.
- Virtually invisible. The aligners are comfortable to wear and you wont have to change your busy lifestyle. Because these aligners are custom made, they fit seamlessly over your teeth and are practically invisible.
Invisalign also has an option for our teenage patients called Invisalign Teen. We have ensured this treatment is comfortable, still discreet and keeps their oral health and hygiene is pristine condition.
Today, Invisalign has reshaped over 4 million smiles worldwide, so it’s no wonder its one of the most popular orthodontic treatments.
Are you looking for a more cost effective teeth-straightening option?
Throughout Australia, traditional metal braces are still the most popular form of orthodontics used. Their popularity comes from their proven track record of dramatically straightening teeth, in a short amount of time.
With recent advancements in orthodontic technology, today traditional braces are much sleeker, slimmer and more comfortable.
The greatest benefit of traditional metal braces is they can fix any orthodontic problem, whether major or minor. These can include complex orthodontic issues like crooked and crowded teeth, a misaligned bite, and jaw problems.
At Saacks Orthodontics we use two types of traditional braces:
- Standard metal braces. These are comprised of brackets and wires which are strategically bonded to each tooth to maximise your tooths movement. Dental wires will then be placed through these brackets to start the process.
- Ceramic braces. These braces work like traditional braces but they are made from a tooth coloured material to be more discreet. They are a great option for patients wanting their teeth straightened effectively, but more discreetly.
Traditional braces treatment can take anywhere from 18 to 36 months. This will depend on your orthodontic needs.
What about an option to straighten your teeth fast, but comfortably?
We know that our patient’s lives are fast paced, so Dr Saacks wanted to give orthodontic options that will straighten teeth fast. We have three options in our Bondi Junction and Port Macquarie practices that will suit every smile.
The three of our fastest teeth straitening options include:
Dr Eric Saacks has been trained in the US for this new technique that eliminates the need for elastics, also known as o-rings. This system uses an energy-storing component called a “Spring Clip” to straighten teeth, which is like a computer chip in your teeth.
This Spring Clip is created from a super-elastic material that follows the programmed instructions from Dr Saacks by applying a continuous force to gently move teeth to their correct position.
They are generally 1/3 smaller than traditional braces. This means less food will get trapped so the risk of gum disease is reduced.
The Insignia system is one of the most effective methods for straightening wayward teeth. It’s a computerised system that combines digital treatment planning with specifically made brackets and wires tailored to your dental anatomy.
Insignia treatments are calculated to affect tooth movement in the most effective way and because of how personalised this treatment is, patients will generally see a reduction in time spent wearing braces.
By using 3D representations of your desired tooth positioning, we can calculate the best orthodontic plan for you.
Damon braces are self-ligating braces and are an advanced form of braces that don’t require elastics or o-rings to keep orthodontic wires in place. Traditional metal braces use these elastics and they can cause friction and pressure, resulting in slower treatment.
Self-ligating braces grip the wire and lock it in place and use a slide mechanism to hold the wire. This mechanism allows your teeth to move more freely, quicker and more comfortably.
Damon braces were created to be discreet and easy to keep clean. Because there are no o-rings or elastics (which attract and gather plaque), these braces enable you to maintain great dental health and hygiene throughout your orthodontic treatment.
Treatments offered at Saacks Orthodontics
Be assured that at saacks orthodontics, whatever orthodontic treatment is prescribed it will be in the best interest of the patient and to produce the best possible healthy smile.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you or to book an appointment, please contact us today.